CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Bloody Experience - Memoir


I squeezed both of the brake levers as hard as my fingers would allow in a final attempt to slow my out-of-control machine, but my attempts were destined to fail. My knuckles were turning white from my squeezing, but of course when you’re travelling at 50 km/h and you hold the front brake; the bike is going to flip forwards. All i could see was the dry, brown soil. My feet had been bent up in the air and my bike's constantly accelerating chain was rapidly grinding its way through my kidney belt and jersey, becoming scarily close to my now exposed hip. The sheer terror that rushed through my body as i helplessly watched my fate be unravelled was absolutely overpowering. In desperation, i wriggled around to try and squirm away from the machine, but that just caused that bike to fall onto my back and tear my pale skin apart. I shrieked in terror and panic as i saw my my purplish blood oozing out of the now shredded flesh that used to be my hip. As adrenaline started pulsing through my veins, I realised that I had to turn off the engine before it injured me even further. I flipped the 57kg killer in to its wheels so i could hit the kill switch. I found the big red button and punched it with my filthy gloved right hand. I almost fainted due to sheer exhaustion, but then I figured I should try to get my parents to treat my oozing sore. Since I was trembling with the aftershock of my experience I wasn’t even able to shout for help from my Mum and Dad. I collapsed in the dried up riverbed next to my mechanical foe, my heart still pounding away in my chest,and it felt as if i had a huge ticking time bomb there. I heard my Dad casually calling out to see if i was okay, but as soon as he rounded the bend and saw me lying on the ground he threw his bike aside and sprinted towards me as if he was as saviour coming out of the gates of Heaven. There was a horrific look of fear painted across his face and he was repeatedly stuttering "Case, what happened? Are you okay?" i tried my best to answer but i could only manage to mumble "Crashed...back hurts...blood". With some kind of amazing surge of strength and a little grunt, my Dad slung me over his shoulder and dragged the motorcycle all of the 500 metres back to the house where i fell straight onto the hammock and slept like a stone due to pue exhaustion and shock. The last thoughts i had were of the tire tracks leading across the bridge and into the riverbed. When i woke up, i was feeling 100% and my scar now had a bandage across it, the sun was just setting and the sausages were sizzling on the barbeque. It was a perfect end to a scary day.

0 comments: